June 08, 2009

Something occured to me today. Maybe writing doesn't mean the same for everyone. I mean, sure it doesn't, but how can views differ so much?

I'm doing a creative writing project for my school project week. Now, if there had ever been one when I did it, i would have been the first to sign up, surely. But as it is, I've heard that not many were interested.
And i spoke with the two people I'm planning it with and they have totally different opinions. It's not that we fight over it, but one of them is more into the theoretical stuff, whereas I say. "Just let it flow". not, if you want to do something big. Then, of course you need to revise and go with certain rules and keep a continuity to it and so on. But for a short story for a school project? Just let it go and see where it takes you.

Why is it that so many people can't see how great writing is? Most people like to read, but they'd never dream of writing. I can't empathise seeing as I've been writing as long as I can remember. Of course, just becaus eI like to look at pictures doesn't mean I'd like to paint, but that is because I know I can't. I tried over and over again. Same thign with music. I can play the piano and am currently learnign to play the clarinet, but i can't compose. I can't write music. I tried, but it didn't work out. So why does it feel like there aren't many people that want to try to write?

No comments:

Post a Comment